cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

can anyone tell me the difference of ProPatternHeader and PropatternLeader?

JonC_16
7-Bedrock

can anyone tell me the difference of ProPatternHeader and PropatternLeader?

i am now trying to initial a function to get the dimension of pattern feature member, i can get the pattern member dimension of dimension pattern, direction pattern, but not point pattern.

i'm not sure what the problem is ,maybe it is the handle that i'm using is wrong.

for now i'm using:

status = ProPatternHeaderGet(&pattern,&pFeature); 

it can successfully get the pattern member dimension for dimension pattern and direction pattern, but not point pattern.

as the snapshot below, the dimension of pattern member is stored in sketch, now i don;t know how to get the sketch feature here.

point pattern.jpg

i tried ProPatternLeaderGet() function, it doesn't work.

what is the difference between ProPatternHeader and ProPatternLeader, what function should i use to get the handle of the sketch for point pattern.

many thanks for you all.

2 REPLIES 2
FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:JonC_16)

You need to get pattern feature's elem tree and get a value of PRO_E_STD_SECTION element.

Take look at the examples for ProSectionDimensionIdsGet(...) - there is code showing how to collect section dimensions.

RPN
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:JonC_16)

The you will get the leading feature, or the Pattern Struct used in other function calls as an input.  

Top Tags