cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Unable to delete Row from infotable with function myInfoTable.RemoveRow(rowIndex);

Jamal8548
11-Garnet

Unable to delete Row from infotable with function myInfoTable.RemoveRow(rowIndex);

let entry = Things["Allied_Entries_SCW1.DT"].GetDataTableEntryByKey({key:"1713786015000SCW1E-AS-02"});

logger.info(entry.rows);

entry.rows[0].versionData.RemoveRow(0);

versionData is an infotable but i am still not able to remove the row with its index. As you can see this is an infotable why i am unable to remove it. any idea please?

Jamal8548_0-1714397471888.png

<========================================================================================================>

FURTHER TESTING

I am removing row and updating that entry with removing that row but it is removing row at run time means i get what i want as an output but it not updating it in datatable. Anyone has an idea?

3 REPLIES 3

You need to update again into the data table.

Allied_Entries_SCW1.DT

Use following services.

AddOrUpdateDataTableEntry()
or 
AddOrUpdateDataTableEntries()

I am already doing this but it is not working as it returns the result on runtime correct but not updating the entry into datatable.

@PaiChung any idea?

let entry = Things["TestBench_Entries_SCW1.DT"].GetDataTableEntryByKey({key:"1709109105000SCW1E-SCW-EMT-06"});

let values;
if ( entry.rows[0].versionData && entry.rows[0].versionData.rows && entry.rows[0].versionData.rows.length > 1 ) {

let newVersionData = entry.rows[0].versionData;

values = Things["TestBench_Entries_SCW1.DT"].CreateValues();
          values.entryTimeStamp     = entry.rows[0].entryTimeStamp; // STRING [Primary Key]
          values.Location 		    = entry.rows[0].Location; // INFOTABLE
          values.Position           = entry.rows[0].Position; // DATETIME
          values.entryDate          = entry.rows[0].entryDate; // STRING
          values.status             = entry.rows[0].status ; //"SCW1Phase4";// STRING  // To change the status of the main entry 
          values.tinNumber          = entry.rows[0].tinNumber;// STRING
          values.versionData        = newVersionData.RemoveRow(9); //entry.rows[0].versionData;// STRING

}

Things["TestBench_Entries_SCW1.DT"].AddOrUpdateDataTableEntry({values:values});
result = entry;

I got a solution for this issue which is very weird and i could not understand that why it is behaving like that but at least i have a solution now.

let entry = Things["TestBench_Entries_SCW1.DT"].GetDataTableEntryByKey({key:"1709109105000SCW1E-SCW-EMT-06"});

let values;

let newVersionData = entry.rows[0].versionData.RemoveRow(9); // this wil remove the row and then idk how we are updating the entry in the datatable but it is working actually

values = Things["TestBench_Entries_SCW1.DT"].CreateValues();
          values.entryTimeStamp     = entry.rows[0].entryTimeStamp; // STRING [Primary Key]
          values.Location 		    = entry.rows[0].Location; // INFOTABLE
          values.Position           = entry.rows[0].Position; // DATETIME
          values.entryDate          = entry.rows[0].entryDate; // STRING
          values.status             = entry.rows[0].status ; //"SCW1Phase4";// STRING  // To change the status of the main entry 
          values.tinNumber          = entry.rows[0].tinNumber;// STRING
          values.versionData        = entry.rows[0].tinNumber; //entry.rows[0].versionData;// STRING

Things["TestBench_Entries_SCW1.DT"].AddOrUpdateDataTableEntry({values:values});
result = entry;

Top Tags