cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Align revision of new WTPart to previously created CAD Document Windchill 12.1.1.1

GD_10588851
3-Visitor

Align revision of new WTPart to previously created CAD Document Windchill 12.1.1.1

Currently, my setting in Preference Management for "Set Revision for Part" is set to No (I am looking to change this). With this setting, a user could create a CAD object and check it in without creating the WTPart. If after some time passes, and the user creates the WTPart, can the WTPart version be set to equal that of the CAD object. I've done some searching on this topic and cannot seem to find how this could be done. Up to now users have checked out the WTPart, and checked it back in until they have the alignment. I am looking for the process to do this without doing the checkout/checkin multiple times.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @GD_10588851 

If you set the property Set Revision for Part to yes then the system synchronize the revision of the CAD with WTPart during autocreation

Example,

I create CAD with revision C as initial revision

HelesicPetr_1-1698760823910.png

Then the WTPart autocreation will synchronize the revisions

HelesicPetr_2-1698760861354.png

if the property is set to NO then the WTPart creation starts normally with A

PetrH

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @GD_10588851 

If you set the property Set Revision for Part to yes then the system synchronize the revision of the CAD with WTPart during autocreation

Example,

I create CAD with revision C as initial revision

HelesicPetr_1-1698760823910.png

Then the WTPart autocreation will synchronize the revisions

HelesicPetr_2-1698760861354.png

if the property is set to NO then the WTPart creation starts normally with A

PetrH

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:GD_10588851)

They can just use the revise but you have to modify it to allow the user to specify their revision. The default in the OIR is to increment by 1 the revision according to your revision scheme. Since we use Alpha revisions for prototypes and Numeric revisions for production parts, we had to allow the user to specify their revision when switching from prototype to production revisions. We also had to enable a single Set State to change the state from Design (initial state, prototype creation work) to Pre-Release (to be released working). Our Promotion Requests will only allow certain state changes so the user does not have to think about what their next state when creating the promotion.

Top Tags