cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Upgrading Arbortext 7 to 8 causes publish to pdf to fail

DL_10914713
6-Contributor

Upgrading Arbortext 7 to 8 causes publish to pdf to fail

Hi, I am having the exact same issue going from Editor v7 on one computer, to 8.2 on another computer. It gave me error A15014 and couldnt  blah blah blah "-//arbortext//DTD XSL fo-result//EN" "xsl-fo.dtd". I checked the file structures and they look the same. So I am at a loss at what to do.

So I updated arbortext  (via tools>preference>catalog path) to the xsl-fo folder (referenced in the catalog file in Arbortext Editor 8.2/doctypes)

Now I am getting error A15000 Unable to load document type due to errors parsing DTD

"C:\program files\PTC\Arbortext Editor 8.2\doctypes\xsl-fo.dtd"

Anyway, all this to say, I think the catalog file is pointing to the right xsl-fo.dtd but not sure why its not being picked up.

Update 1

I removed the direct path to the xsl-fo dtd file to resolve A15000.

I also shuffled around the order of the paths for the catalog. There are 3 normal ones that come with the installation. I copied the file paths from the old computer to the new one and added the paths to arbortext. I think this resulted in error A15014 because upon removing these paths the error message disappears.

I should also note that my file still does not build.

Update 2

I installed the old version of Arbortext to the new computer and built the pdf as normal. It seems theres something missing between installations.

3 REPLIES 3

My guess is it has to do with the xsl-fo as it was put on sustained support a few years ago. You may need to reach out to support to see what the actual issue is.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS45123?source=search

• FOSI and XSL-FO composition is in sustained support
    • No fixes
    • No further upgrades
    • No new releases

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS236330?source=search

Bryon

olivierlp
Community Manager
(To:DL_10914713)

Hi @DL_10914713 
I wanted to see if your question has been answered.
If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of other members who may have the same question.
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know. 

Thanks,

Olivier
DL_10914713
6-Contributor
(To:olivierlp)

Hi, Thanks, I will do that when it is resolved.

Top Tags