cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

CREO Versionioned File Extensions not showing up in Windows Explorer?

GO_10898978
5-Regular Member

CREO Versionioned File Extensions not showing up in Windows Explorer?

This may be a silly question:

- I recently started using CREO at work. I had a PC when I first got at work. They switched me out to a laptop.

- I thought I remembered that CREO Versioned File Extensions (i.e. .1, .2, ... .50, .51) showed up in Windows FIle Explorer. Am I crazy?

- I need to know the latest versioned file since this is how we manage rev control at our work - not Windchill here.

- I remember the versioned file extensions showed up on my PC - now with my laptop I see nothing.

- Is this a Window File Explorer setting - or a CREO setting?

- So, when I have to upload a specific versioned file I have to use Windows sort by date to see latest.

- Please help me see the actual versioned files in Windows Explorer or open/save dialog box.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GO_10898978
5-Regular Member
(To:GO_10898978)

I found it my bad - I looked through Folder Options in windows. It's the hide file extensions of known files:

Article - CS48123 - Creo file version numbers are not getting displayed at the saved location in Windows Explorer (ptc.com)

This took me 30 minutes to resolve. Now I know going forward.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GO_10898978
5-Regular Member

I found it my bad - I looked through Folder Options in windows. It's the hide file extensions of known files:

Article - CS48123 - Creo file version numbers are not getting displayed at the saved location in Windows Explorer (ptc.com)

This took me 30 minutes to resolve. Now I know going forward.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Windows file explorer settings:

How to Show File Extensions Using File Explorer

Within Windows functionality, the File Explorer is an important tool, granting you access to and dominion over your operating system’s array of files. Moreover, this versatile utility accommodates the revelation of file extensions dwelling within your computer’s precincts. To undertake this venture, adhere to the following guidelines:

• Initiate the File Explorer by navigating through the Start menu bar. Simply type ‘file explorer’ and select the most pertinent option from the array of search outcomes.
  • Go to the ‘View’ tab on the interface.
  • Click “View” to see more options, then click “Show” to proceed.
  • Select “File name extensions.”
  • Confirm your intention to display file name extensions Windows 11 and watch the satisfying transformation.
  •  
Top Tags