cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Subscript and Superscript keyboard in text in Mathcad Prime 10 wrong defined?

Cornel
18-Opal

Subscript and Superscript keyboard in text in Mathcad Prime 10 wrong defined?

Hi,

Why is it written that for subscript in text one needs to press ctrl+- and for superscript in text one needs to press ctrl++, while if someone press ctrl+- and ctrl++ it comes out of the way of being able to use subscript and superscript in the text. Is this indication written wrongly?

Cornel_0-1714578420550.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

But maybe I think I misunderstand, and that it is about ctrl and(=+) - and ctrl and(=+) +

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

But maybe I think I misunderstand, and that it is about ctrl and(=+) - and ctrl and(=+) +

DJNewman
17-Peridot
(To:Cornel)

Yeah, all of the keyboard shortcuts are written that way where + is meant to be "and".

On a keyboard for superscript you're really pressing ctrl and the = key, as opposed to ctrl and shift and =. (shift and = normally being how you produce a + sign)

If they want you to press shift they'll say so, like the keyboard shortcut for Summation as opposed to the keyboard shortcut for Polar plots.

DJNewman_0-1714583568959.png

DJNewman_1-1714583586664.png

Compare to the equation break operator for addition.

DJNewman_2-1714584063989.png

They could express it as ctrl + = or ctrl + shift + = (or Summation as ctrl + shift + 4) but I guess they also want to express the keyboard shortcuts as intuitive where possible. (Where you associate the plus sign with addition or subscripts.)

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.
Top Tags